The WP Travel Field Editor provides an interface to add, edit and remove fields that are displayed in Trip Enquiry fields, Traveler info fields, and Billing fields. Fields can be added, edited and removed from the billing and traveler info and trip enquiry form sections.
WP Travel Field Editor allows you to add, edit and remove the added fields in the form.
After the activation of the WP Travel Field Editor plugin, “Field Editor” tab will be added in the “Settings” menu under “WP Travel” menu.
Adding a new field:
WP Travel field editor provides you with the flexibility of adding the new field in case of necessity.
Steps to add a new field.
- Go to WP Travel > Settings > Field Editor and to the particular forms that you would want to add the field for.
- Click on ” + Add field ” button and begin to fill up the form field.
Here you will have to fill up different form field.
Description of the fields:
- Label: This option allows you to enter the field label.
- Type: This option allows you to select the type. Below is the description fo types that you can select from the dropdown.
- Text – Standard text input.
- Email- Standard email field
- Number– A number field
- Textarea – A text area field.
- Select – A dropdown/select box. Requires options set.
- Country Dropdown– A dropdown box.
- Radio – A set of radio inputs. Requires options set.
- Checkbox – A checkbox field.
- Heading – Adds a heading to allow separating fields into groups.
- Name: This option allows you to add the name of the field
- ID: This option allows you to enter the field ID.
- Class: This option allows you to enter the class.
- Placeholder: This option allows you to enter the field placeholder.
- Validation: If the added field is compulsory then click on required or else leave it unchecked.
Before adding the field:
After adding the field:
Removing the field:
If you want to remove the added field then you need to simply click on the “cross ” button at the right.
Note: Default fields cannot be removed.
Editing the Field:
If you want to edit the field type, label etc of the added form field then you can do so by clicking on the edit button at the right.
Note: For the default fields, only label field can be edited.
Rearranging the form fields:
If you are not satisfied with the placement of the form field then you can rearrange the placement by simply dragging and dropping the field in your desired location.
To reset your fields back to the original settings please click on the “Reset” button.
There are three sets of forms that can be edited.
- Trip Enquiry Fields: Enquiry form fields that appear after clicking on “Trip Enquiry link”
- Billing Fields: Billing sections that appear on the checkout page.
- Traveler Info Fields: Appears after the billing sections in the checkout page.