PayPal Express Checkout is a payment system provided by PayPal that allows the customers to use a PayPal account to make payments. Express Checkout gives your buyers a simplified checkout experience. When a customer is ready to checkout with their PayPal account, they simply click the Checkout with PayPal button which will redirect them to a PayPal checkout page.
Like WP Travel Standard PayPal, Express Checkout is also a wonderful addition to the WP Travel Plugin. PayPal Express Checkout allows your store to accept payments via PayPal.
Express Checkout module will undoubtedly enhance the WP Travel plugin.
But, you might be wondering why to use “Paypal Express Checkout” even there are lots of other payment option and the reason is mention below:
Express Checkout has all the same features as Website Payments Standard but is more reliable because it completes the transaction directly while the customer is actively engaged on your site. It supports all the currencies, payment methods, etc, just the same, but more efficiently. There is no monthly fee for using Express Checkout. Paypal Express checkout also enables a consistent experience across web and mobile web.
The most important thing that only admin has access is to enable the booking with payment options at the front end. For this at first you have to enable the option “Enable Express Checkout” by going to Admin panel > Trips > Settings > Payments.
The Admin will also be able to view the lists and the booking detail that is made by the clients.
Booking listing :
The Booking listing page consists of the following information.
Contact name: It is the name of the person under which the booking is made using booking form.
Status: This column lists your booking status.
Payment: This column lists the type of payment you have made i.e. either Full Payment or Partial Payment.
Booking Date: This column displays the booking published date.
Note: If required, the admin has the authority to change the booking detail made by the client as well:
To start using PayPal Express Checkout, you’ll need to set up a Verified PayPal account If you do not already have one, you can sign up here:https://www.paypal.com/home.
Go through the registration process and then come back to your site.
Even if you have the PayPal account, to use the PayPal Express checkout at first you need to install and activate the plugin by following the steps mentioned under “Installation” topic.
After activating the Paypal Express checkout plugin and before working with PayPal Express Checkout, you need to enable it first.
For this go to Admin Panel > Trips > Settings > Payment.
Enable Paypal express checkout: This option allows the user to enable/disable the Express checkout option.
Client ID: You have to enter the client ID and this option allows you to enter the client id. If you don’t have the id just click on “here” icon below.
If you are confused about which client ID to enter then please see below:
Basically, there are two modes for using the Express Checkout i..e. one is “Production mode” and the other “Test mode”
- If you are using the “Production mode ” then enter live key in Clent ID section.
- If you are using the “Test mode” then enter the sandbox key in Clent ID section.
Note: These key are provided by the PayPal.
Advanced Options :
Color: This option allows you to choose the color of the Payment button that displays at the frontend.
Shape: This option allows you to choose the shape for the Payment button that displays at the frontend.
Size: This option allows you to choose the size for the Payment button that displays at the frontend.
Label: This option allows you to choose the label that appears on Payment button that displays at the frontend.
Allow payments using cards: With Express checkout you will be able to pay using the card as well so this option allows the user to enable/disable the option to allow the payment using the card.
- Booking with Payment.
Booking with Payment:
Under this option, there are two modes of booking.
- Full Payment: If you desire to go with Full payment then you can simply choose the option “Full Payment” and click on booking button. Clicking on booking button will lead you to PayPal home page. After making the required payment you can return to merchant and if you want, you can even make the booking further.
- Partial Payment: If you desire to go with partial payment then you can simply choose the option “Partial Payment” and click on booking button.
The PayPal Express Checkout flow keeps the buyer on your web page throughout the entire checkout flow. On desktops, buyers check out in a secure window that overlays your website.
STEPS TO FOLLOW TO USE WP TRAVEL PAYPAL EXPRESS CHECKOUT GATEWAY:
- When a user clicks the PayPal button, your app sets up the payment and begins the checkout in a PayPal popup window.
- The buyer logs into PayPal. Or, if the buyer previously enabled PayPal One Touch, they are logged in automatically.
- The User can review and authorizes the payment.
- PayPal returns control to your site to finalize the payment. The site then shows the payment details as given in the screenshot.